It has been a busy week thus far. Hope fully we get our project by the end of this week!!!!!
Some on campus units are so boring to make mention of if not all are. DE came to the rescue!!Yeah.. Have had more fun with the new security units introduced this semester. Going through some really interesting stuff... Stuff that you can actually take on board into Industry.
Have been mangling with Kerberos for most of week.... Almost done with setting up my Kerberos authentication server. It is indeed not as straight forward as I thought it was. Well anything running on a Linux box is always interesting to play around with. Its a fantastic authentication system and Monash yes Monash relies on it heavly. Its is as secure as you get them nowadays. Very interseting... Anyone into network Security??? Have a read: web.mit.edu/Kerberos/
Well for the rest of the week I have been securing a little webserver that I have setup. Its running of my laptop at present but will get it to another machine soon.... when I have the time that is. Its currently running Ubuntu server 7.10 with LAMP. Basically I just used .htaccess and Htpasswd to secure all directories on there. Works like a dream. Now that was straight forward....
More linux admin comming up!
Until next week!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment