Monday, August 18, 2008

Week5

Has been a considerably hectic week with stuff being due. For IE I guess the ball is rolling well. Yousef and have been working SQLyog to synchronize 2 copies of a database. Got to a point where changes have been reflected and the destination DB has been successfully updated but need to research how I can streamline this function to a great degree. Presently trying to get Windows Task Scheduler to execute sync scripts to update the destination DB. Still figuring...... Luckily I brought my wireless router to uni so we could create a test scenario to prototype the proposed solution. Its looking good though.

Have been trying to get tools to test vulnerabilities in source code for FIT3056. Was pretty ok, found some open source applications which does the job but I dont necessarily trust it as there is always vulnerabilities in code no matter how secure you try to make it. Cant wait for the end now........ A few more weeks to go... Come on guys we can do this thing.

No comments: